Compiling Galera from source
Coming later. Nothing special there. Check Solaris section for tips.
Currently the latest revision of Galera is known to compile on Solaris 11 x86 in addition to Linux. It may not compile on Solaris 10, and will not work on big-endian machines (as we don't have any, we simply can't fix all the endian-related stuff).
To get the source code that compiles on Solaris you'll need to check out the latest Galera tree from Launchpad:
Before compiling, you need to make sure that (in that order):
- you have system headers installed
- you have bash installed
- you have full GNU toolchain installed: GNU make, GNU ld… GNU everything.
- you have GCC >= 4.4
- you have /usr/gnu/bin as the first element in your PATH
- you installed boost libraries >= 1.41 (http://www.boost.org/users/download/)
- you installed 'check' from http://check.sourceforge.net/
- you installed 'scons' from http://www.scons.org/
if you install to
/usr/local, make sure
/usr/local/lib is in your linker path:
$ sudo crle -u -l /usr/local/lib
then ./scripts/build.sh or just scons from top dir will do the job.