MySQL/Galera 0.8.1 released
Submitted by alex on Tue, 07/26/2011 - 16:43
This is a maintenance and bugfix release which fixes most of outstanding and reported issues:
- updated to MySQL-5.1.57
- fixed handling of cascading foreign key constraints
- fixed handling of VARCHAR indexes with non-binary collation
- fixed handling of long primary keys
- fixed total order isolation to conform to the specs
- removed extra swap requirements for launching scripts
- renamed pc.allow_sb option to pc.ignore_sb
- added pc.ignore_quorum option
- multiple state transfer related fixes
- multiple startup and shutdown fixes
- cleaner shutdown sequences in case of fatal errors
- misc internal fixes
This release introduces some changes in the replication protocol and while it is backward compatible with 0.8.0 release, 0.8.0 is not forward compatible with 0.8.1. That means that while 0.8.1 node can be joined to 0.8.0 cluster, 0.8.0 node can't be joined to 0.8.1 cluster, so have an upgrade handy.
RPM packages are now built from the official
mysql.spec and should be more conforming to Oracle RPMs and compatible with RHEL6. However that also means that they don't install any
my.cnf file by default.
- Secondary unique indexes can't be used with parallel applying.