Galera Cluster for MySQL 5.5.28-23.7 released
Submitted by hingo on Mon, 12/03/2012 - 10:14
Last week Codership released a new version of Galera Cluster for MySQL: 5.5.28-23.7 (click to download)
This is a bug fix maintenance release. There are several significant fixes and users are recommended to upgrade.
- foreign keys support (multiple issues were fixed)
- thread counter going negative (and ensuing issues, like refusal to start new threads)
- causal reads timeout now returns ER_LOCK_WAIT_TIMEOUT.
- tables without primary key but with unique secondary key could cause crash with parallel applying.
- DDL in multi-statement transaction could cause a crash.
- aborted SELECTs were not automatically retried if aborted by DDL.
- RSU DDL could block.
- pt-table-checksum was not supported.
- CREATE TABLE... AS SELECT was not supported.
- queries were not retried after commit was canceled.
- MySQL slave could fail to start if no wsrep provider was loaded.
- mysqld_safe automatically restarted the node in case of failure.
- automatic GTID recovery after crash in mysqld_safe.
- xtrabackup SST support.
- SST script interface now uses named parameters.
- SET PASSWORD is now replicated.
- updated to MySQL-5.5.28
Beta feature: with innodb_support_xa=OFF (default ON) there may be noticeable performance improvement (depends on load profile).
Galera Cluster for MySQL can be downloaded from our Launchpad repository.